So you are here to get upgrade Micromax Canvas 2 to Jelly Bean. This post will give you a systematic step by step guide for getting this done
First of all you need to ensure the following check list is met before you upgrade Micromax Canvas 2 to Jelly Bean .
- Backup all data.
- Battery should be 70% and above before the actual upgrade process starts.
- Download the Micromax Canvas 2 drivers from the Micromax website
- Download the Official Jelly Bean File from here.
- Download the helpful SP Tools for flashing the Upgrade from here. If the link does not work try this link.
- Techdrug.com will not be held responsible for any issues while you upgrade Micromax Canvas 2 to Jelly Bean or post it’s implementation.
Step by step instructions on how to upgrade Micromax Canvas 2 to Jelly Bean
- Please note the phone should not be connected to the computer.
- Extract the zip file A110-Drivers.rar anywhere on the computer and then install the drivers.
- After installing the drivers extract the SP_Flash_Tool_v3.1224.0.sn85.7z and the S9081_MP_F4.1_B1_IN_MMX_1.10.rar file to the desktop.
- Open the Sp Flash Tool Folder from the location at where it is extracted and then click on Scatter-loading.
- Select file name MT6577_Android_scatter_emmc from the folder S9081_MP_F4.1_B1_IN_MMX_1.10
- Once the file is loaded in the Scatter-loading file tab then we need to click on Firmware Upgrade or F8. This Brings the software into detect device mode. Ensure that you now switch off your phone and then connect the device to the computer. Please be very careful and do not touch format option since this may result in your handset losing its IMEI no.
- Once the firmware upgrade is done there will be a green circle right in the center of the screen. Close that circle and the SP Flash Tool and then start your Micromax Canvas 2.
Note : The initial boot may take some time, so please be patient. Once loaded then setup your device and enjoy the Jelly Bean experience.
Here are some Screenshots taken from the Micromax Canvas 2 after the Jelly Bean Upgrade.
Techdrug.com website on the browser
Google Now hearing out a command
Google Now processing the question
Google Now with the result
Some immediate reviews of the Jelly Bean version of the Micromax Canvas 2
- The interface has a smooth movement. Lag has reduced considerably, thanks to Project Butter.
- The Lock screen now has three options for quick open. Unlock, Unlock to Phone and Unlock to Messages.
- Google Now works just great. The tests showed 0.57 seconds of response time when connected to a Wi-fi Connection with 1 Mbps speed.
- Micromax apps like M!Live and M!Zone+ are still available and are not removed.
I hope that everyone who uses this guide to upgrade Micromax Canvas 2 to Jelly Bean is successfully able to do so. For any issues please drop a comment and i will try my best to help you out. All the best
Special Thanks to my friend Aniket Chauhan for lending me his Micromax Canvas 2.